Conferences and Workshops
As part of the Academic Cooperation Program with UC Berkeley, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich can support conferences and workshops conducted jointly by researchers from LMU and UCB with funding of up to €20,000.
In order to promote new and innovative research areas within the humanities, LMU and UCB researchers are invited to submit joint proposals for one or a series of workshops and/or conferences. Funding for a series of workshops is possible for up to two years. Proposals for research workshops aimed specifically at doctoral students are welcome.
- Target group: LMU faculty members (faculties 9-14) and their research partners from UCB. Existing contacts with UCB researchers are a prerequisite. Applications from doctoral students are welcome. In this case letters of recommendation from LMU and UCB supervisors are required in addition to the regular documents.
- Project proposals should be e-mailed (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- name of applicant, affiliation and department
- time frame for the project
- project description
- names of cooperating partners at UC Berkeley
- calculation of costs
- other/current sources of funding
Application deadline for workshops and conferences in 2020 is September 6, 2019.
Dr. Anna Jakubowska
Prof. Dr. Hans van Ess, Chairman of the Steering Committee
The "LMU-UCB Research in the Humanities" program is funded by LMU Munich‘s Institutional Strategy LMUexcellent within the framework of the German Excellence Initiative.