The duration of each professorship is flexible; it may vary from 3 to 9 months depending on individual needs and interests.
Visiting professors will receive a fellowship of €4,000 to €6,500 per month, depending on the rank of the professor. In addition, funding for research expenses, research assistance, and travel may be available. LMU will cover travel costs for transatlantic travel up to €1,500 and will provide assistance with accommodation.
The selection committee will assess applications based on the following:
- Research project description
- C.V. and list of publications
- Proof of contact with a research partner at LMU
- Preferences regarding offering a seminar, workshop, or lecture at LMU
- Preferred period of stay in 2018 (you are welcome to give more than one option)
Preference will be given to Berkeley faculty who can demonstrate that Munich is a relevant location for their research and who have research partners at LMU.
Application deadline for visiting professorships in 2018 was September 22, 2017.
For more information regarding the fellowship and the application process, please contact Dr. Anna Jakubowska at firstname.lastname@example.org