In addition, junior academics at LMU frequently win generously endowed stipends and much sought-after professional development awards, which help to ease the transition to an independent research career. In order to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration and facilitate exchanges with experienced researchers, LMU has set up a Young Center in the Center for Advanced Studies, which provides a range of services tailored to the needs of early-career professionals.
- European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant
- BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) Junior Research Group
- Emmy Noether Grants (German Research Foundation, DFG)
- Max Eder Junior Research Group (Deutsche Krebshilfe e.V. )
- LMU Research Fellows
- Dilthey/Schumpeter Fellows
- Heisenberg Fellows