As in other German university towns, it is not easy to find small, reasonably priced apartments in the city center. There are also not enough student residences. Please start looking for accommodation early.
- Rooms in private accommodation cost from 350€ to 600€ per month.
- Rooms in student residences cost between 250€ and 370€ per month.
You find detailed information in our Handbook for Exchange Students.
Housing provided by the Studentenwerk München:
A limited number of ERASMUS and LMUexchange students can be accommodated in housing run by the Studentenwerk München. Students are generally housed in single rooms with shared facilities, sometimes all inclusive appartments are available.
- A refundable deposit of up to 350€ is expected
- When applying for admission to LMU, exchange students should tick the housing box in the LMU online application form
- Direct applications to the Studentenwerk are not permissible
The International Office can offer some assistance to exchange students whose applications for student housing were not successful
- A deposit of up to three months' rents
- Tips for finding private accommodation (pdf, 94 KB)
- Housing Application Form (pdf, 110 KB)