German Language Courses
Two hundred million people around the globe speak German as their first or second language. There are several reasons why knowledge of German will increase both your professional and personal options:
- German is the second most commonly used scientific language, and Germany is the world’s third largest contributor to research and development.
- Germany is the most powerful European economy. Knowledge of German multiplies your job opportunities with German and foreign companies in your own country and abroad.
- German is the language of Goethe, Kafka, Bach, and Beethoven. Experience the difference it makes to read and listen in the original language.
- We are all the same – or are we? Learning German provides you with an insight into the way of life as well as the hopes and dreams of people in German-speaking countries.
Small groups, excellent and committed teachers, intensive instruction, an inspiring environment - MISU provides German language courses for all levels and purposes. Each course lasts for about 4 weeks and is usually offered in August. For detailled information about the specific application and admissions procedure check the course website. Please note that you have to be at least 18 years old to participate in the following courses.
- Summer German Language Courses (in August)
Each course is designed to teach German (all levels – basic, intermediate, advanced) within its academic, cultural, and social context, so that students improve their language skills while simultaneously deepening their knowledge of Germany. Interactive teaching is stressed throughout. The courses are managed by the International University Club of Munich (IUCM).
- Study Preparation Course (in March and September)
These courses are individually tailored for students who are enrolled in a student exchange or a degree program starting in April (summer semester) or October (winter semester).
- Specialized Language Courses for Advanced Learners (in August)
Advanced learners who want to deepen their German language skills for professional or academic purposes have the opportunitiy to attend one of the specialized language courses.