Services and Activities
We are committed to helping you make the very most of your stay. You can count on MISU’s friendly and professional support through a wide spectrum of services:
- Detailed pre-arrival information by email
- Assistance with health insurance and visa application as needed
- Housing, generally in student dorms (space permitting)
- Library and internet access
- A mensa card entitling you to inexpensive meals in student cafeterias
- Support by tutors and a 24-hour emergency hotline during the program
- Transcript of records for courses completed: credit-hour system with ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) equivalents.
Your classroom in Munich is not bounded by four walls. MISU programs open the door to a wealth of experiences far beyond the solely academic. Our social activities provide a perfect setting for you to explore Germany, learn about our culture, meet and mingle with other students from all over the world.
Explore LMU’s 530-year-old history and benefit from the rich leisure activities Munich has to offer – such as guided university and city tours, the famous open-air event Opera for All, or a visit to the Allianz Arena, the home stadium of FC Bayern München.
Discover some of the fascinating historic castles, cities, and landscapes of Bavaria and Germany and participate in excursions which are generally organized on weekends.
Sample Bavarian Gemütlichkeit at the MISU Summer Welcome Event in August, already a cherished tradition, and meet your fellow MISU students from all corners of the globe – some 80 countries.