Dual Career Service
Welcome to Dual Career Service at LMU Munich!
Dual Career Service provided by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) is designed to support the partners of professors and postdocs who intend to take up positions at the university in finding suitable career opportunities in Munich.
In addition, we offer information and advice on topics such as house-finding, schools, childcare, german courses, visas, residency, public administration as well as integration in Munich.
We are here to ensure that you and your family get off to a good start!
Who can avail of this service?
We can help you if you...
- have been offered a professorship at LMU
- are moving to Munich (from elsewhere in Germany or from abroad) to take up a postdoc position for a minimum of three years
What can we do for you?
We offer support in the following areas:
- identifying job opportunities appropriate to experience and career stage
- supplying information regarding job opportunities both at LMU and related research institutions
- providing an analysis of the regional job market
- establishing contacts with potential employers
- offering advice on application strategies
- providing information on child-care facilities and schools
- helping to find suitable accommodation
- assisting in administrative procedures
- providing information on professional training and language courses
What are the first steps?
- contact us by email, by telephone or in person
- outline your wishes by filling out our registration form
- discuss your needs and our suggestions with us either in person or over the phone top
In accordance with your professional aspirations and expectations, we help you to identify potential employers, provide you with established contacts and assist you throughout the application process.
Here you will find a substantial amount of information on all matters relating to your relocation to Munich.
Please find here our brochure.
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a member of the Dual Career Service Network Germany (DCNG)