Dual Career Service
Welcome to LMU Munich!
The Dual Career Service provided by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) is designed to support the partners of professors and postdocs who intend to take up positions at the university in finding suitable career opportunities in Munich.
We offer support in the following areas:
- identifying job opportunities appropriate to experience and career stage
- supplying information regarding job opportunities both at LMU Munich and at related research institutions
- providing an analysis of the regional job market
- establishing contacts with potential employers
- offering advice on application strategies
Here you will find a substantial amount of information on matters relating to your relocation to Munich, such as housing, child care & schools, visa & entry requirements, and leisure.
We can help you, if you:
- have been offered a professorship at LMU
- are moving to Munich (from elsewhere in Germany or from abroad) to take up a postdoc position for a minimum of three years
"I would like to thank you greatly for the help you provided when we came, and
especially for my wife to find a job.
It would have been difficult without your help."
Dr Prakash Atreya, Faculty of Physics
Coordination Dual Career Service
+49 (0)89 2180 4078