PHASE 4: Leaving Munich
We are sad to see you go but wish you all the best for your future! Before you leave Munich, there are a few things to be considered which we would like to point out to you in this section. In any case, come and visit us again!
Our support services:
Checklist - Leaving Munich (PDF, 142 KB)
- Many de-registrations can be done online or by e-mail, however make sure to check before if this is applicable.
- It is recommendable to have proof of each cancellation or de-registration.
- In Germany, tenants do not usually have an exceptional right to cancel a rental contract due to a change of job.
- Do not forget to ask your landlord for the refund of your rent deposit along with its interest before leaving Germany.
Information for Families:
- Give school and childcare facilities a reasonable amount of notice of a child´s departure.
- Throwing a good-bye party might make the move easier for the children.
- Contact the new school early enough and make sure all paperwork has been completed. Consider asking for a tour of the new school with the child´s new teacher to help the child to get acclimated.
Become a LMU Gateway Alumni
Stay connected with the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München.
Please check our page LMU Gateway Alumni for further information.
Please contact us at LMU Gateway for more information. In addition, feel free to ask for a list of specific vocabulary (German and English) containing the most important terms in this field.