FAQs and Links
- How can I find accommodation in Munich?
- Are there any apartments specifically for LMU staff?
- Is short-term housing available?
- Do I need additional insurance when renting an apartment?
- Current accounts (Girokonto)
- Before choosing a bank
- Savings accounts (Sparbuch)
- Withdrawing cash and cashless payment
- National and international transfers
- What should I consider when selecting a Kindergarten?
- What should I consider when selecting a Krippe?
- What alternatives do I have if I do not find a place for my child?
- Where can I seek further information?
- Is financial support available for families with children?
- Do need a German driver’s license?
- What if I am only staying in Germany for a maximum of 12 months?
- Who is responsible for transferring my foreign driver’s license into a German one?
Dual Career Service
- Where do I register?
- Why is it necessary to register at the Residence Registration Office?
- Where do I apply for my Residence Permit in Munich?
- What types of Residence Permits are available?
- What is the purpose of the eAT-card?
- May I interrupt my residence permit?
- Do I need to deregister?
- What is important to know about elementary schools in Germany?
- What do I need to know about secondary education?
- What options do I have if my child does not understand German very well or at all?
- Where can I find additional information and advice on finding schools in Munich?
- Do I need to apply for a visa?
- What kind of visa do I require?
- Where do I apply for a visa?
- Which documents are required for a visa application?
- City of Munich - Stadt München
- Department of Public Order - Kreisverwaltungsreferat
- Tax Office - Finanzamt (DE)
- Education Advice for Internationals - Bildungsberatung International (DE)
- Euraxess - Germany for Researchers
- Welcome to Germany - BAMF
- LMU Munich Homepage for International Visitors