Should I stay or should I go?
Source: marco 20811 / fotolia.web
Unfortunately, every good thing must come to an end—and the academic year is no exception. If you’d like to stay in Germany a bit longer, be it to work, study, pursue further research, or travel, you might need to extend the term of your visa or take care of other legal issues. Please get in touch with us in the International Office with any questions you might have. We’re happy to be your first point of contact and would love for you to stay!
And if you decide it’s time to go, please remember that there are still some things to do before leaving Munich (including saying goodbye!). Here’s a final checklist to use before saying goodbye. Good luck, Godspeed, and come back to visit!
- Pick up any course certificates, papers, or examination results.
- If necessary, prepare your transcript documentation.
- Cancel your room or apartment lease.
- Close your bank account.
- Cancel your telephone and any utility accounts in your name.
- Inform the Einwohnermeldeamt personally or in writing that you're leaving Munich permanently (abmelden).
- Exmatriculate from LMU Munich.
- Remember to say goodbye!
When you return home, we know you’ll take many good memories—maybe a souvenir or two—with you! (You can find plenty of LMU gear and keepsakes at the LMU shop at Leopoldstr.13, ground floor). We’re happy you’ve joined us here in Munich, and we hope you’ll stay in touch with your new friends.