Ingredients (serves 4)
- 140 g flour
- 1/4 l milk
- 5 eggs
- 45 g sugar (for the batter)
- 1/4 cup of raisins (optional)
- sugar (for caramelization)
- powdered sugar
- Sift the flour, add the milk, sugar and salt and beat to a smooth batter. Then add the eggs, and carefully fold them into the flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the batter. Sprinkle with raisins (if desired) and brown until the bottom is crisp. Turn (with the help of the pan-lid or a plate) and brown the other side.
- Break up the thick pancake into pieces with a spatula or a fork, and gather them to one side of the pan. Add sugar to the pan and allow it to caramelize. Mix the Kaiserschmarrn with the caramelized sugar and, before serving, sprinkle the whole with powdered sugar.