Ingredients (serves 2):
- Olive oil
- Ginger (about 0.5 cm3)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Mustard powder
- Curry powder
- Paprika powder
- Half a fistful of rucola
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 1.5 onions
- About 5 button mushrooms
Note - a lot of this is done by intuition and feel! Don't stick to the precise numbers. Let your gut decide!
- Cut and peel the potatoes and boil them for about 5 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt to the water. After boiling, drain the water.
- Chop the onions finely and the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add about 2½ tbsp. of olive oil to a frying pan and allow to heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions to the hot oil and stir for a bit.
- Add finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- Add the potatoes and stir for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and continue stirring.
- Add 1 tsp. each of paprika powder, curry powder and mustard powder.
- Carefully add rucola. It has a potent flavor, so don't add too much. About 6-7 leaves should do.
- Fry the mushrooms separately in a little oil in a pan for a few minutes. Then add them to the main pan.
- The dish is now ready to be served with either bread or rice!