- „bryndza" (slovak sheep’s milk cheese)
- fried bacon pieces or freshly cut spring onions - optional
- Peel the potatoes and grate them on the fine side of the grater. Mix in some flour and add some salt - the dough is ready!
- Boil water and, using a dumpling-maker (or two tablespoons), form small dumplings (rather like spaetzle or gnocchi). Cook in boiling water until they start floating to the surface.
- Fish dumplings out with a slotted spoon and, while they are still hot, add the cheese - preferably the real Slovakian bryndza, made from sheep’s milk - and let it melt. Alternatively, one can use crumbled feta cheese mixed with sour cream or even cottage cheese.
- Garnish with fried bacon pieces or freshly cut spring onions.