Costa Rican Mango Salad
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1½ cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice + a splash of olive oil
- ½ tsp. agave nectar
- A dash of Sea Salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Optional: A handful of fresh pea shoots
- Blend lime juice, olive oil, agave nectar, salt and pepper. Place all ingredients in large covered bowl. Toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, tossing several times during that period to make sure the flavors are well combined.
- Hint: If you can find some fresh pea shoots, they are delicious tossed on top of this salad before serving.