Ingredients (serves 4) :
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1½ tbsp. Hungarian paprika
- 6 large potatoes (waxy type), diced (about 2 cm thick)
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and olive oil together. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, just barely covering the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Avoid stirring as much as you can, to keep the potatoes from falling apart.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until tender.