- 5 eggs
- 500 g mascarpone
- 10 spoons sugar
- Savoiardi (Italian finger biscuits)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a second saucepan, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Combine egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the coffee with a few drops of rum.
- Moisten the Savoiardi by drizzling the coffee mixture over them.
- Arrange half of the soaked Savoiardi on the bottom of a dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over it, then add the second layer of Savoiardi and mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
- Sprinkle a layer of cacao on top.