Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 l milk (3.5% fat)
- Half a lemon
- 200 ml cream (pasteurized)
- 400 g plain yoghurt
- 1 pck. raisins
- Heat the milk in a non-stick pot, and add cream just before it boils. Stir well, bring the mixture to the boil and immediately remove from the heat.
- Add yoghurt, together with the juice of half a lemon to mixture and reheat until the yoghurt-cream-milk mixture separates from the water. Stir and remove from the heat
- Place a sieve in the sink and cover with a tea-towel. Pour the contents of the pot into the sieve (making sure the towel doesn’t slip). Bring the corners of the tea-towel together and wring the remaining liquid out by twisting them together, pressing the solids into a ball. Let stand for 10 mins, pressing the semi-solid mass together every so often. Then cool the cheese for about 20 mins. Tip: Place the cheese in the towel in the sieve and leave the cold-water tap running in the sink (to cool the sieve).
- Unwrap the cheese and place it upside down on a plate. It should look like a flattened ball with a hole in the middle. Garnish with raisins. Cut the cheese into thin segments and serve with green tea.