If you've been accepted, you will receive a letter with your Notification of University Admission (Zulassungsbescheid) stating that you are qualified for your desired program at LMU. It also tells you:
- where you register (International Office or Studentenkanzlei)
- when you register
- what documents you need to bring with you
University Registration at the International Office is usually in the beginning of October for the winter semester and at the end of March/beginning of April for the summer semester. Please note that you are required to register in person—this cannot be done by anyone other than you! And you need to pay the registration fee of €128,50 within a week of registering (by cash or bank transfer).
With your registration, you'll receive a packet with your student ID (giving you access to libraries and discounts on campus and throughout Munich), the basic public transportation pass, and login information for online services. With this online access, you can confirm that your registration fee has been received by LMU and print out summaries of fees paid, which is very important for your re-registration the following semester.
Online services include:
- online course and examination registration
- wireless use of the Internet via WLAN at numerous university locations
- access to PCs in the university library and in computer labs
- a personal LMU email address
- a daily LMU event calendar