Conferences and Workshops
As part of the Academic Cooperation Program with UC Berkeley, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich can support conferences and workshops conducted jointly by researchers from LMU and UCB with funding of up to €20,000.
In order to promote new and innovative research areas within the humanities, LMU and UCB researchers are invited to submit joint proposals for one or a series of workshops and/or conferences. Funding for a series of workshops is possible for up to two years. Proposals for research workshops aimed specifically at doctoral students are welcome.
- Target group: LMU faculty members (faculties 1-2, 9-10, 12-13) and their research partners from UCB. Existing contacts with UCB researchers are a prerequisite. Applications from doctoral students are welcome. In this case letters of recommendation from LMU and UCB supervisors are required in addition to the regular documents.
- Project proposals should be e-mailed (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- name of applicant, affiliation and department
- time frame for the project
- project description
- names of cooperating partners at UC Berkeley
- calculation of costs
- other/current sources of funding
Application deadline for workshops and conferences in 2021 is May 18, 2020.
Dr. Anna Jakubowska
Prof. Dr. Hans van Ess, Chairman of the Steering Committee