Outgoing LMU Research Fellowships
The Outgoing LMU Research Fellowships are directed at outstanding junior researchers in all fields of research who are about to complete their doctorate at LMU, or have received a doctoral degree at LMU within the last twelve months. The Fellowships are designed to promote the career development of early-career postdoctoral researchers by fostering their mobility and supporting them in developing their academic profile.
As part of your project, you will undertake an initial 12-month research stay at an academic partner organization in a country outside of the European Union and return to LMU to complete your project. Your application must be supported by a professor from LMU who will act as your mentor for the entire duration of the Fellowship. You will be provided with a workplace within one of our Faculties and may also become involved in teaching. As a member of the Young Center, you will also be associated with the Center for Advanced Studies.
Who Can Apply?
Junior researchers who
- have completed their doctorate at LMU Munich within the last 12 months
- comply with the mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (i.e. they must be nationals or long-term residents of an EU Member State or an Associated Country)
Fellows must undertake an initial 12-month research stay at an academic partner organization in a country outside of the European Union chosen by them and a 12-month reintegration phase at LMU Munich (funding guaranteed during research stays at partner organizations).
- attractive salary (German public service employee pay grade TV-L E14)
- material and travel expenses of up to € 15,000 p.a. during outgoing phase
- contribution to living expenses during the outgoing phase
- € 10,000 during the reintegration phase
2 years (In exceptional cases, an extended outgoing phase of 24 months may be granted.)
Applications must be submitted on the program’s application portal . The next call will open in fall 2019.
Sign up to our mailing list if you would like us to keep you updated about the forthcoming call.
|For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
|This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 754388.|