- 250 g butter (at room temperature)
- 250 g sugar
- 1 pkg. vanilla sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 500 g flour
- 1 pkg. Baking powder
- 450 ml lukewarm milk
- Beat the butter together with the sugar, vanilla sugar and the egg yolks until thoroughly blended.
- Sift the flower and the baking powder into a bowl, add the milk and the blended butter-sugar-egg mixture and stir together.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the mixture with a whisk.
- Heat the waffle iron. Place 2-3 tbsp. (depending on the diameter of the iron) of the dough on the hot plate, and bake for 2-3 minutes until brown and crisp.