Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München

Language Selection

Breadcrumb Navigation


Transcripts of Records

The courses you take, credits you gain, and grades you receive during your time at LMU must be recorded in a transcript of records. But the process of creating this transcript actually starts at the beginning of your studies—and requires more effort on your part than you may be used to at home.

Getting Your Transcript

In order for the International Office to issue an English-language transcript of records for you at the end of your study period, you have to do your “homework.”

  • Fill out the Notenspiegel (in German), which is an overview of your grades.
  • Give it to either your supervisor or to the lecturers of the courses you have attended, who will enter the grades and ECTS-points for you.
  • With this Notenspiegel, you can request your transcript of records from the International Office.

Some departments—Law, Economics, Business Administration, and Medicine—issue their own transcripts. In this case you don´t need to fill out a Notenspiegel. Instead, you will receive your transcript directly from the Faculty.

Exchange Students

Be sure to get your transcript of records before you leave LMU. Contact either ERASMUS or LMU Exchange with questions, depending on your program.

International Degree Students

You usually only need an English-language transcript if you want to study abroad—be it in your home country or somewhere else. For questions, please get in touch with the International Office (webpage in German).