Internet Access and Technology Centers
As a student, you’ll have internet access (with WiFi in all university buildings), an email address, and a personal webpage through LMU Munich. You will also have access to computer labs and other related services like printing, copying, scanning, etc. All services are either free or very inexpensive.
Activating Your Email Account
In order to be able to use online services, you must be registered and have activated your personal access to the University Network yourself. Activation is required so that you can use online functions like course and examination registration, and receive important information from your university via your personal email address. If you are already using a different email address, you should be sure to set up a redirect function for your Campus LMU email address. In order to use the complete range of study information services (see below), you are required to set up a security question.
Additionally, you can use the following services:
- the extensive range of facilities provided by the "LMU portal"
- a personal email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- the event calendar "day2day"
- Internet access via the Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre)
- wireless use of the Internet via WiFi at numerous university locations
- access to PCs in the university library and in computer labs (CIP)
- the online lecture directory LSF (teaching, study, research)
You’ll receive your password and login for activation when you register at LMU.
Connecting Your Laptop
To connect to the WiFi/WLAN available in all university buildings, install the VPN.
LMU has two large computer/video labs next to the library in the main university building. Here you’ll find computers where you can get online and also access the many databases only available on the University LAN, order printed posters, create PDFs, and so on. Most departments also have their own computer labs. Just ask!
The IT-Servicedesk is available if you wish to receive a LMU user ID, have forgotten your password, or need help using the wireless network. Check online for hours (in German).
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, Room F009